Company Description|Job Description
At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, & researchers in a scalable, reliable, & secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We wanted flying cars & instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We've raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the role:
At Guardant Health, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
To support Guardant Health's leadership in disruption of cancer treatments, the Enterprise Software team is looking for an experienced & energetic staff software engineer to build applications, products, & APIs that reach Guardant Health's stakeholders & customers.
As a senior member of the software team, you will:
- Design, build, & maintain efficient & scalable services for applications that deliver value to our customers
- Collaborate with product management to turn product requirements into production code
- Help maintain code & design quality
- Collaborate with our devops team to develop & maintain CI processes for regular releases
You enjoy an agile, fast paced & highly technical environment. You are comfortablecommunicating technical & non-technical information across multiple functions & levels.
You can analyze the big picture, design enterprise services, implement & prove your code is great with automated test results. You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team & company goals, you can wear multiple hats & pickup new technologies & languages.
You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance & business needs.
In addition, you bring:
- 10+ years of software development
- 5+ years programming experience in Java
- 5+ years of experience developing or using facing RESTful APIs
- Expertise in data modeling & developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-architectures
- Experience with message broker technologies & event driven integration layer is a plus
- Experience working in a face-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework
- Good understanding of Test Automation & Continuous Integration
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, CS, or EE.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.