At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
As the Technical Lead for the Information Retrieval pod at TpT, your primary focus will be overseeing the development & delivery of products & features related to Search & Recommendations. Some things you may be responsible for include:
- Writing code, but scaling up your impact through team leadership & technical project management
- Mentoring other engineers on the team to improve their skills
- Overseeing technical decisions for the team
- Managing technical debt & code quality
- Monitoring & maintaining the teams products in production
- Collaborating with product stakeholders to scope & refine projects
- Working with the team to improve processes & keep things running smoothly
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- At least one year of experience working on a team focused on search systems, including work on engagement & relevance metrics.
- At least some experience working with recommendation systems in production.
- Substantial experience writing production-quality code in Python.
- Experience with testing & monitoring resilient systems at scale
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys mentoring teammates & working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Committed to continuous learning, & communicating & sharing what you have learned
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development at scale
Extra Credit for:
- Experience with EdTech or e-commerce marketplaces
- Experience with Node.js + React, Elixir/Erlang, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in Computer Science, and/or coursework in Information Retrieval or Machine Learning
- Open Source contributor or active in your professional community
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.