At Harrys, the platform team owns the products & services that support our business across business lines. Its a combination of functional experts & technologists who work together with our brand teams to drive business results while delivering delightful & seamless experiences to our customers.
As the Director of Platform Product, you will play a critical role as we expand our business into new consumer-facing brands that utilize a common technology platform. This platform will deliver delightful & seamless experiences to our end-users while enabling efficient & effective business operations. You will work with our General Managers (GMs), business leads, operations teams, & engineering teams to launch & evolve new business lines or geographic expansion. You will help improve internal tools, & develop new technological infrastructure that supports our vision of launching multiple distinct, innovative consumer brands across the world. You have a passion for bringing people together to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
What you will own:
- Lead a cross-functional software development team focused on clearly defined objectives
- Collect inputs, facilitate collaboration & creative problem solving
- Converge ideas into development plans & own final decisions
- Develop & evolve a process that fits the team
- Manage product backlogs across multiple products with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Transform long-term company strategy into concrete product roadmaps
- Develop clear plans for teams via specifications & timelines
- Provide simple & consistent feedback to the broader organization
- Respond to feedback & negotiate trade-offs where necessary
- Research product domain to build successful products
- Leverage analytics, experiments, data & research to inform product direction
- Learn & understand our web technology & tech-stack to simplify our products, making trade-offs against complexity
- Learn about our customers, our brands, & our business to capitalize on opportunities
- Deliver product regularly to customers
- Always be shipping the best insights come from learning from real customers
- Make time for strategic thinking, you spend time working on the most valuable things
Who you are:
- You think & act like an owner, taking personal responsibility for both team & product success
- You are a strategic thinker. You understand the broader company strategy & can translate that into a product strategy that keeps everyone moving in the right direction.
- You are value-obsessed & can prioritize initiatives that drive business value in ambiguous problem areas
- You work well with people. You thrive in collaborative agile teams & are ready to take on new & unexpected challenges while building the next wave of engineering solutions.
- You are technically literate. You understand your medium & can work productively with engineers to create solutions appropriate to the problem youre trying to solve.
- Youre a good storyteller & is comfortable organizing your thoughts & findings. You can prepare that information & share with others.
- Youre curious & a life-long learner. You are confident in what you know, but stay objective based on learnings. You can admit what you dont know & are excited to continue to grow.
- 10 years experience, 5+ years as a Product Manager or Technical Program Manager in a consumer technology or e-commerce company
- Experience defining requirements & managing backlogs for agile teams working on API-based products
- Keen aptitude for thinking strategically & crafting a compelling vision
- Ability to synthesize inputs from diverse groups of stakeholders into a coherent roadmap
- Strong communicator (verbal & written), from executive-level to IC-level
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.