NS1 optimizes delivery of the worlds most critical internet & enterprise applications. Only NS1s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data & grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, & IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, & automated system. NS1s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency & application performance, reliability, & security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora & The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
The NS1 legal team is looking for a motivated legal operations individual to assist our growing team as Legal Operations Coordinator. This position will work closely with the legal team as well as business stakeholders at all levels of our company.
This position includes facilitating the life cycle of the contract process. Typical transactions will range from monitoring & directing the status of a number of legal agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, vendor & customer agreements, & documentation for complex, high-value transactions to the filing of state & regulatory documents. This position is perfect for an operations-focused & business-minded law firm paralegal or other legal operations professional looking to transition to an in-house opportunity. Ideal candidates for this role will be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities & business needs, & will be proactive & strategic in identifying solutions. This role is based at NS1s headquarters in NYC.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the legal team in facilitating contract process improvement, contract management tool maintenance, tracking, & reporting.
- Helping drive the flow & lifecycle of commercial transactions from a quote to a negotiated agreement with discretion, exceptional independent judgment, & efficiency.
- Communicating effectively & clearly with internal teams, including legal & sales, by in part escalating questions & concerns to attorneys as necessary.
- Identifying & implementing legal department tools to streamline or improve new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, & training for new systems as appropriate.
- Providing general support to the legal team with respect to other legal & contract requirements of the business.
- A Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent degree.
- At least two years of contract or legal facilitation experience and/or legal team support (including as a paralegal), preferably at a start-up or well-regarded law firm.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow through skills.
- Previous success as a detail oriented & dynamic team player thriving in a fast paced environment, including managing multiple competing deadlines.
- High degree of self-sufficiency, including the ability to solve problems independently & collaborate with others, including escalating issues/seeking guidance appropriately.
- Excellent recordkeeping & record retention skills & outstanding attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, both oral & written, with a proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Curiosity about internet tech & willingness to learn technical concepts.
- Strong MS Word skills & a demonstrated ability to learn & master various online tools.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SaaS & Software products
- Familiarity with Ironclad or other contract management tools
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.