OTC Markets Group, operator of premier US financial marketplaces, is seeking a seasoned network engineering professional for our IT Operations & Infrastructure team based in New York office. The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting, troubleshooting & implementing network technology across the firm. Our clients include domestic & international companies, both public & private. This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate, dedicated individual who is comfortable multi-tasking & building relationships across the organization.
OTC Markets is proud to be named on Crain's 2018 Best Places to Work in NYC. Our newly redesigned headquarters foster an open & collaborative environment for employees & clients, utilizing more than 33,000 square feet of space. Our office is located in Brookfield Place, in the heart of the financial district, surrounded by Hudson River Park & home to luxury retail & dining establishments, featuring extensive public space & world-class amenities.
We are committed to building a company where highly talented, creative people thrive. Our Core Values are incorporated in each aspect of our Company. We encourage autonomy, professionally passionate discussions of opposing viewpoints, creativity & transparency. We all win together.
OTC Markets invests heavily in employee satisfaction & offers all of our employees a highly competitive compensation package. As a dynamic, growing company that fosters an open culture, we emphasize autonomy, responsibility, innovation & self-discipline. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impressive impact at a company known for its reputation on quality & achievement.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with a passion for learning & implementing new technologies
- Have a willingness & ability to solve complex issues with a tactful approach
- Have experience with network engineering & troubleshooting in an enterprise mission-critical environment
- Have a good understanding of Information Security best practices as they pertain to networking
- Manage time sensitive projects with minimum supervision
- Be part of an on-call rotation to monitor, analyze & resolve critical network issues
- Deploy on premise networking/security platforms such as Arista, Cisco, F5 load balancing, Fortinet, as well as, cloud platforms such as AWS Direct Connect & VPC networking
- Work with internal teams & external clients on firm projects
- Manage & implement network monitoring, security & alerting best practices
- Solid knowledge of BGP & multicast network protocols such as BGP, BGP VPNv4, IGMP, PIM SM, PIM DM, MSDP
- Solid knowledge of Fortinet firewall technologies such as FortiManager & FortiGate
- Solid knowledge of layer-2 technologies such as RSTP, PVST, 802.1Q, Port security, VLANs
- Solid knowledge of monitoring & alerting technologies such as SNMP, SYSLOG, IP FLOW
- Good understanding of packet analysis tools to troubleshoot complex network issues & security events such as Corvil, Netscout, Wireshark
- Good understanding of network security protocols such as ISAKMP, IPSEC, RADIUS, HTTPS, SSL, MFA, Access-lists, 802.1X
- Good understanding of F5 load-balancing technologies such as iRules, scheduling algorithms, client/server load-balancing, DNS
Please note, we will neither sponsor nor relocate an individual for this position.
What OTC Markets offers its Team Members:
- Health insurance plans designed to meet the various coverage needs & preferences (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health, transit, parking & dependent care, as well as Healthcare Saving Accounts for qualifying plans
- Generous vacation policy in addition to 9 annual holidays observed
- Annual bonus & stock incentive program
- Life & disability insurance, including paid parental leave
OTC Markets Group (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent & Connected financial markets for 10,000 U.S. & global securities. Through our OTC Link ATS, we directly link a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity & execution services for a wide spectrum of securities. We organize these securities into markets to inform investors of opportunities & risks: the OTCQX Best Market; the OTCQB Venture Market; & the OTC Pink Open Market. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price & empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality & availability of information for their investors. To learn more about how we create better informed & more efficient financial markets, visit www.otcmarkets.com.
OTC Link ATS is operated by OTC Link, member FINRA/SIPC & SEC regulated ATS.
Come as you are & just be you. We are an equal opportunity & e-verify employer & prohibit discrimination & harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, & individual qualifications, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political belief, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, family or parental status, gender identity, pregnancy, including childbirth or related medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages & backgrounds.
Please no calls or 3rd party recruiter submissions.
Applicants have rights under the federal law:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Polygraph Protection Act