At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a Senior Rental Associate who is driven by providing world-class customer service to join our Consumer Rentals team. In this role, you will act as the "face of Lyft," providing exceptional hospitality while greeting customers on site & helping them to get accustomed to their rental vehicle to hit the road quickly. Reporting to the Rental Specialist, you will play a key role in operations behind the scenes: supervising a team of Associates, making sure vehicles are prepped & ready to go, & providing in-drive support by chat & phone. If you enjoy working with people, are a self-starter & can accommodate a flexible schedule (including nights/weekends), we would love to meet you!
- Supervise a team of Rental Associates & be the first line of support for day-to-day operations
- Meet & greet customers on-site at our San Francisco & Oakland locations, providing a quick & seamless pickup of a rental vehicle
- Provide operational support, including:
- Helping to shuttle vehicles between locations to meet demand
- Ensuring vehicles are clean & full of gas, including touching up vehicles as needed for upcoming reservations (wiping down, vacuuming, etc.)
- Providing phone/chat support to customers who are in the middle of a rental & need help
- Managing the fleet in our back-end systems
- Jump in wherever you are needed to deliver an exceptional rental experience
- Ensure rental location adheres to Lyfts brand, operational, & community standards
- Help brainstorm, test & implement ideas for improving the customer experience & making behind-the-scenes operations more efficient & consistent
- Flexible schedule: this is a role that will require some evenings & weekends
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred
- 1+ years of retail, customer service or rental car experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience (nice-to-have, but not required)
- High energy with an outgoing, social personality - you love talking to people!
- Comfortable on the phone & in person interacting with customers
- A true team player that is comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Excellent verbal & written communication proficiency with common technology tools
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.