Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could truly support the security of Visa as aCorporate IT Network Engineer - London,we want to hear from you.
What's it all about?
The Corporate IT (CIT) Network Engineer role will work as a single point of contact for all corporate networking requirements for Visa Europe. The role will report to the Head of Technology CIT in Europe, but will be an integral part of the wider global CIT Network with the resource being available globally & across all departments. International travel is therefore expected & will be focused mainly in the EMEA area. The majority of the work will entail building & replacing network equipment in European regional offices with an element of third level support. Second level support of network operations will be shared with the European Operations & Infrastructure (EO&I) departments that are currently performing this work. Engineers will be expected to advise & aid project managers/stake holders in any new work that is to be undertaken. The role will be customer facing & will interact with a wide range of stakeholders across the global organisation.
The engineers will be expected to work largely under their own autonomy, but they will work within a framework of policies & procedures that align with both global CIT network engineering & Visa Europe network design part of EO&I.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Design, plan & implement LAN, WLAN & wireless networks in a corporate network environment. In line with global corporate IT policies, designs, configurations & strategies
- All network infrastructure configurations, builds & implementation
- Level three support functions will need to be performed on an ad hoc basis
- Report WAN problems to the IP WAN Engineering (BT in Europe)
- Interface with other technical departments to ensure the correct data paths are in place for users to access systems in the corporate environment
- Vulnerability & software patch management of the network infrastructure
- Provide third level technical support to network support team to resolve network issues.
- Escalate problems related to bug fixes to Cisco or relevant third party
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers & network support organisations
- Document entire network of corporate global offices (topology, hardware, software, etc.)
- Provide engineering recommendations & service improvement plans for the corporate network infrastructure
- Collaborate with the project managers, account managers & the network support teams for all engineering requirements
- Work with the Information Security to ensure security & compliance requirements are met & provide technical assistance for the investigation, analysis & correction of network vulnerability
- Provide housekeeping maintenance documentation
- Monitoring Assess network performance to ensure that it meets present & future needs & analyse network activity & problem trends to discover/prevent systemic errors
- Riverbed WAN accelerator knowledge
- Unified Communications knowledge / VOIP technologies not essential, ability to learn
- Exhibit strong vendor management skills
- Research, analyse & recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Provide training & guidance to network support teams
What we're after...
The requirement is for a Cisco CCNP qualified engineer, with Routing & Switching or Wireless specialisations, with mid-level network engineering experience. Firewall experience would be preferred as some of the role requirement may be focused on managing Cisco ASA, Palo Alto & Checkpoint firewalls. In addition:
- A Cisco CCNA or CCNP security qualification or an equivalent vendor certification would be desirable
- Experience of Riverbed WAN acceleration devices (not mandatory)
- Experience working in a large corporate networking environment
- An ability to cross train between Cisco switching, routing, WLAN & security technologies is necessary
- Unified Communications (VOIP) knowledge would be an advantage, particularly around Skype (Microsoft) technologies
- Willingness to working regularly in London, Reading, Basingstoke & across various sites in Europe
- Comfortable working with existing European & Global Network teams (CIT network engineers, Network Design, Network Support (EO&I) & Global CIT Network Engineering teams
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.