Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Data Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Regulatory Reporting team at Oscar works in partnership with multiple teams (within operations & external to operations) to produce, document & extract data used by regulators to affirm that we always treat our members & provider partners fairly. We provide an additional layer of oversight over regulatory data deliverables & ensure continuity as our business grows. Our goal is to ensure that any evidence/data we submit to external regulators (1) meets specifications, (2) is subjected to QA processes, (3) is well documented, & (4) is reproducible for future data validation audits & objection handling. Our challenge is to ensure Oscar meets our growing regulatory obligations by designing, building, scaling, & improving on our data operations.
You will design & manage processes with a focus on de-risking our core operations, compliance & improving quality for core operational tasks. You will identify, scope, & implement development of foundational processes, scaling our regulatory operations, providing analytical support & summarizing the complexity of our data & operations into clear explanations to meet our regulatory obligations.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, VA. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Lead development & implementation of clear, scalable & dynamic operational processes which support regulatory & audit requirements.
- Develop, & prioritize operations roadmaps working cross functionally to implementation.
- Lead & cross collaborate on iterative problem definition & technical scoping to build solutions to improve the efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Distill the requirements of new product & market expansions & design automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology & data models & its current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Maintain relationships with relevant team members as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A bachelor's degree or 3 years commensurate experience
- 3+ years of operations experience (process improvement, project managing, & lean operations)
- 3+ years of work experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- 3+ years of experience using data software such as Excel, VGA, Macros, SQL or Python
- Experience in knowledge management processes
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into business requirement
- Background in policy or governance
- Experience automating or designing data pipelines
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.