SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now & next in culture. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalogue of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
Founded in 2007, SoundCloud unites artists & fans with over 275m tracks, across 190 countries & supports more than 100,000 independent artists to grow their careers on their own terms by providing them with the most progressive tools & services like monetization, distribution & marketing. Whats next in music is first on SoundCloud.
We are looking for an experienced Product Director to lead a team of product managers in our Consumer Experience team in New York.
The Consumer Experience team is responsible for maintaining & growing our consumer-facing products, including Soundcloud.com & the SoundCloud app, to drive profitable growth & help identify the next generation of breakout artists. As a leader in Consumer Experience you will manage a group of product managers & specialists, set product vision & yearly strategy for multiple teams & translate company goals into actionable group KPIs. Your areas of responsibility include listener collection building, social engagement & creator insights.
In this role, you will facilitate knowledge sharing within multiple domains & coordinate expertise from other topic leaders. You will communicate progress & tradeoffs to multiple stakeholders in different locations, set expectations for a yearly time frame & ensure alignment. You will make decisions for your business area & provide a decision-making framework for teams within your group.
We are looking for an experienced product leader with a passion for Design & Lean UX, & who is comfortable making decisions in a complex business environment. You are a team player with a keen sense of what helps us build & grow healthy, diverse, & high-performing teams. You are a self starter with a sense of curiosity & a passion for eliciting creativity & innovation within the teams with whom you work.
- Minimum 6 years experience as Product Manager in addition to 2+ years experience working in the tech or music industry in a non-product role.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing product managers
- You have a good understanding of SoundClouds position in the industry & have opinions about opportunities
- You have strong user empathy & a proven record of shipping consumer-facing products. Ideally you have experience designing growth loops in 2 sided marketplaces/ecosystems
- Outstanding verbal & written communication, as well as a high level of comfort leading workshops & presentations with a diverse group of stakeholders & teams.
- Strong analytical skills are a must. A strong understanding of A/B testing best practices is preferred, & a passion for unpacking qualitative data to drive product strategy is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage projects & make the right tradeoffs with shifting priorities. You excel at managing your own time & like to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You excel at creating impactful & actionable documentation. You take pride in creating thorough, impactful, & actionable product requirements documents, post-release analysis, & product decks, etc.