Understanding how customers engage with Vimeos video platform plays a critical role in the product development process. We are looking for an experienced analyst to partner with the Video Product & Video Engineering teams to deliver ongoing analysis of the player & upload ecosystems. The manager will directly support the Video teams building the player & upload experiences, & the Data team building user-facing video analytics & search products.
What youll do:
- Work closely with Video Product & Data Product teams to define, implement & measure key metrics across the Vimeo platform
- Collaborate with engineering to instrument consistent data collection across web, app & API sources
- Proactively identify patterns & trends in user behavior & inform product opportunities
- Develop A/B test hypotheses & partner with data teams to instrument, analyze & make recommendations from the experiments
- Develop a deep understanding of Vimeos video technologies through analysis & modeling
- Enable data democratization by leveraging self-service reporting & visualization tools
- Translate analysis into strategic recommendations to senior levels of the organization
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- Extensive SQL experience working with large & varied datasets
- Proven track record in using quantitative analysis to drive product & business decisions
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Strong ability to communicate findings clearly, accurately & effectively to a broad audience
- Belief that "getting it right" is just as important as "getting it done"
- Experience with Google BigQuery and/or Snowflake a plus
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.