Peloton is seeking a passionate packaging engineer to lead & support various package engineering projects. This role is based in Manhattan at the Chelsea HQ office. In this role, you will research & identify new packaging technologies, methods, & suppliers to apply to business needs. You will interact with Pelotons cross functional teams including design, product, engineering, quality, logistics, compliance, & senior leadership. The ideal candidate has experience with packaging development, has a passion for the area as well as fitness, familiar with Peloton & the products they offer, & willing to get involved in all aspects & ask questions.
- Support & lead the creative design & development of packaging research
- Develop & execute packaging tests to meet global compliance regulations
- Lead packaging documentation & analysis of specifications
- Support packaging departmental goals of cost savings, sustainability, & overall business
- Support vendor relationships through product development & innovation pipelines
- Lead prototype development for concepts & testing
- Manage project timelines, budgets, & communication within a matrix organization
- Develop & manage packaging KPIs related to costs, sustainability, & projects
- Research & problem solve in market issues related to packaging
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- This position requires some domestic & international travel, estimated 10-15%
- B.S. in Package Engineering or similar discipline; Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience within package engineering
- Experience with bulky metal & plastic components/finished goods
- Full life-cycle packaging experience (R&D, NPI, Production, recovery, recycle)
- Expert-level user of CAD (ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, AutoCAD) for packaging design & layout
- You have experience working with global vendors in Europe & Asia
- Youre experienced with technical packaging programs & drawings
- Understanding of package test methods & documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification processes
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.