What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to compete with big chains & grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Lead the operational function within FP&A - partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business & driving the FP&A function as a proven center of analytical excellence to support financial discipline & thoughtfulness throughout Slice.
- Lead the annual operating budget process, track & report on performance relative to plan, & manage ongoing rolling forecast updates.
- Build & iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of Slices operations that will enable effective decision making regarding the companys revenue growth strategy, cost structure, & capital expenditures.
- Improve operating teams understanding of financial statements & budget adherence with thoughtful & transparent analysis & partnership.
- Maintain & enhance efficiency of internal financial reporting processes, serving as a thought leader to upgrade reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement.
- Establish, track & monitor key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency.
- Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency & maximize ROI.
- Help drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, & financial visibility.
- Collaborate with operating teams & provide fact-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets & improve profitability, operating efficiency & effectiveness.
- Assist in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings.
What we're looking for:
- BSc in a financial, economics or quantitative discipline (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years in a combination of Finance, Analytics & Strategy roles
- Investment Banking or Private Equity experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Strong leadership & mentorship skills
- Working knowledge of SQL & at least one visualization tool (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.