Hi, were Oscar.
Were changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
As an associate on the Operational Compliance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the benefits we cover are compliant with all federal & state regulatory requirements. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of regulatory compliance for our benefits-related teams, & for Oscar as a whole.
- Draft & update policies & procedures for benefits-related topics such as telemedicine & preventive services.
- Develop & execute compliance tracking systems.
- Prepare your dedicated business area for external regulator audits.
- Conduct annual audits of our benefits-related teams to ensure requirements are operationalized.
- Compile regular compliance reports.
- Communicate with the legal department to understand regulatory requirements.
- Partner with business owners to translate & operationalize regulatory requirements.
- You have a college degree
- You have 3-4 years of work experience in a regulatory or compliance setting, or have a JD with 1-2 years of post-law school experience.
- You are collaborative & able to balance & prioritize cross-functional requirements; youre a strong team player & open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- You are a critical thinker & can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail & always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You enjoy the problem-solving process & deriving structure & clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
Nice to have (but not essential) qualities:
- Experience in healthcare, or another highly regulated industry a strong plus.
- Experience working in plan design, benefits, or regulatory affairs at another insurance company.
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.