Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Endpoint Operations supports the Visa-developed software running on Visa-owned compute infrastructure -ensuring the reliability, availability & security of consumer digital commerce. This infrastructureprovides our Financial Institutions / Clients connecting to Transaction Processing services their first electronic contact with Visa. When the server is located at the Client site Endpoint Operations also deals with provisioning life-cycleand maintenance of the appliances.
As the manager of the endpoint operations teams, you & your counterpart in SG will lead a team of System Administratorsresponsible to monitor, maintain, mitigateand remediation of any issues that impact our service to the clients 24 hour, 7 days a week
You are responsible for the technical, managerial & service delivery aspect of the endpoint operations support team. Yourresponsibility includes planningteam schedule, workload distribution, lead troubleshooting call, managing incident queue, provide reports for incident & performance matrix measure against team goal & Service Level Agreement. As this is a technical & hands on role, you will berequired at times to step in & get involve in technical troubleshooting & lead troubleshooting call as incident commander. You will report the the Vice President in US & work with him to help theteam growand develop.
Your standard working hours is Eastern time Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. However,there will be time where you may need to work outside of the standard hours due to operation needs & to meet with senior management & teammate working in other timezone. There are occasional need to travel outside of US to work for projects or workshops but this should be minimum.
We are looking for self-motivated individual who are passionate about system stability & high availability, automation andself-service development.
- Oversees & monitors day to day transaction processing and/or servicing in order to achieve optimal productivity by managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, & identifying & implementing appropriate solutions.
- Coordinates complex operational issues and/or resolution of client escalations.
- Motivate & inspire team member reporting to you & helping them on their career development.
- Demonstrate Visa Leadership Principles to lead, inspire, engage & delivery as One team at One Visa.
- Provide reporting to management & identify opportunities for improvement, automation, exploring new ways of doing things.
- Developing team technical capabilityand soft skills.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Candidates with people management skillsor have demonstrated leading without official authority experience preferred
- Capable of conversing with both Technical & Business management & staff & of interpreting between the two sides
- Understanding of message switching applications, System Admin (RHCSA/CE) preferred
- Basic understanding of Shell Scripting,Programmingor Scripting Language preferred
- Good understanding of Web Representational State Transfer (REST) , TCP/IP, & HTTP
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as be available to support 24/7 with scheduled projects & triaging issues.
- This position may require the incumbent to travel 4% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.