ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its legal team a Counsel for State Regulatory Compliance with 3-5+ years of legal experience to manage state regulatory engagement & investigations in this exciting, expanding field.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will work with a fantastic team of legal & regulatory professionals striving to maintain FanDuels compliance position for all products across the United States & assist with FanDuels continued innovation of those products. Reporting to FanDuels Director of State Regulatory Compliance, this role manages a sophisticated team of compliance experts and:
- Manages regulatory investigations, inquiries, incidents, & escalated customer complaints regarding fraud, marketing, cybersecurity, responsible gaming, geolocation, & all other areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, & reporting, etc.
- Manages internal investigations regarding all areas of regulatory interest, including ownership of all necessary documentation, auditing, controls, metrics, & reporting, etc.
- Manages a team of state regulatory compliance professionals dedicated to conducting regulatory & internal investigations
- Engages in close partnership with the new product launch/licensing compliance team, the federal regulatory compliance team & the risk team to enable seamless integration of all relevant regulatory obligations, transparency & controls
- Assists FanDuels Director of State Regulatory Compliance with FanDuels engagement & relationship with State Regulators & Market Access Partners once FanDuel has launched & is actively regulated by a state
- Assists FanDuels Director of State Regulatory Compliance with providing legal & regulatory guidance to internal FanDuel team members regarding state regulatory requirements for all products in all states
- Assists FanDuels Director of State Regulatory Compliance with training & communications strategy, content & delivery for state regulatory compliance.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Once hired, the Counsel for State Regulatory Compliance will be required to obtain state gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators
- JD from a top-tier law school & member of at least one state bar
- Minimum 3 years of total legal experience, preferably from a nationally recognized law firm, & preferably with regulatory engagement history
- In-house experience with an internet/technology company a strong plus
- A strong aptitude for investigations, regulatory engagement, policy, process, procedure, analytics & reporting
- Passion for people management, team building & a desire to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
- Opportunities to be a part of state-of-the-art gaming & sports products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion at FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.