At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Sr. Group Manager, GSM is a highly strategic role responsible for coordinating efforts of a diverse GSM team that manages the commercial relationships with all of Lyfts global hardware manufacturing partners. Through a strong focus on micro-mobility & consumer electronics components & assembly, the Group Manager is responsible for setting the Sourcing vision for the organization to advance the OKRs of the business, & managing & developing a direct report team through cost negotiations, continuity of supply, risk management, & overall project execution. The Group Manager has a close partnership with Engineering & Fleet Operations to ensure optimal engagement between the organizations & deliver the best micromobility fleet in the world.
- Provide leadership to Lyfts hardware GSM team to drive focus on supply assurance, NPI product delivery, manufacturing performance, & culture to support Lyfts global supply chain.
- Partner with leaders in Supplier Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Program Management, Sustainability, & Warehousing teams to develop the Supply Chain organization.
- Harmonize & take lead to resolve all urgent supply issues to mitigate risk ensure supply continuity
- Implementing commodity sourcing strategies by combining a deep understanding of industry dynamics with product demand & supplier capability needs, & to translate that strategy into tactical & actionable engagements that deliver the best total value to the company.
- Create an inclusive & challenging environment for a team of 15-20 managers & individual contributors.
- Through establishment of executive level relationships, align the Supply Base to support the future vision of Lyft Hardware.
- Envision processes & tools to enable efficient delivery of core Sourcing functions to create accountability to OKRs, champion those tools to influence cross-functional peers, & to execute implementation & adoption throughout the company.
- 10 years of experience in Consumer Electronics and/or Micro-Mobility supply chain management, specifically in a global sourcing function.
- 5 years of experience managing global sourcing teams. Experience must include managing others across multiple locations & regions.
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional internal & external relationship management skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into a subject matter, while simultaneously keeping the bigger picture & strategy at the forefront.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative & qualitative skills & implementation of effective sourcing metrics & objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, recruit & retain talent
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.