Were looking for an eager Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team!
At Namely, our mission is to build better workplaces. We believe this starts with our own workplace where we are creating an open & inclusive space that celebrates everyone for being themselves. Everything we do is around the employee experience (of our people & our clients people!) & living up to our values of being human. Its who we are & its what makes us different.
The Finance team at Namely is at the core of this mission, ensuring the financial foundations of a great workplace are in place for scale. They work diligently to provide accurate & timely information about company performance to help drive business decisions & oversee internal controls to safeguard the company. Were building our awesome Finance team for exponential growth & want you to become a part of it.
As a Staff Accountant at Namely, youll build the groundwork to excel in an accounting career by learning internal controls, leveraging your GAAP knowledge, & working to build financial statements. Youll also support our financial audit & find areas to create process improvements & efficiencies. A critical component to your role is speeding up the accounting close-cycle to provide leaders the financial information needed to run the business faster. Some of the key attributes that make you successful in your role are having a keen eye for detail, a strong work ethic, a drive to push for results, & most importantly, a passion for accounting.
What youll do
- Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, with a focus on invoice processing & expense recognition
- Ensure month-end close deadlines are met; prepare related journal entries & reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet & expense accounts, as necessary
- Support the maintenance & improvement of the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems & files stay in sync with the GL
- Support process improvements, controls initiatives, & documentation of standard operating procedures
- Assist with the development & implementation of new systems & internal controls that meet Namelys evolving business model & culture
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly & yearly schedules for external auditors
- Partner with FP&A team to help explain variances & fluctuations in the business
- Partner cross functionally with several teams to build partnerships & increase the effectiveness of the team
- Work directly with independent audit firms to support issuance of annual audit report
- Assist with compliance related schedules such as income tax, franchise tax, etc.
Who you are
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 1 year in public accounting (Additional Internships are a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills including Vlookup, Pivot Tables & IF Statements
- Experience in both the Public & Private sector is a plus
- Experience working with an ERP system preferred (NetSuite is a plus)
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail & ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Aspiring CPA is a plus, but CPA is even better!
Namely is the first HR, payroll, & benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we dofrom our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company & every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use & love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.