As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Network Processing & is responsible for all Program & Project Management for the division, which consists of program oversight of over $65M in funded projects & programs to progress critical technology deliverables in the core payments processing platforms. This role will also be responsible for all program operations & engagement with product, departmental & cross-functional teams.
The candidate will be responsible for high performing teams of senior directors, senior project managers, project managers, & project analysts. He/she will be accountable for all facets of portfolio, program, & project management & related PMO business functions, lead the execution of large scale programs, & apply program/project management discipline & processes to ensure Network Processing programs are delivered per scope/schedule/budget commitments. Primary areas of focus include portfolio delivery & governance, annual planning, reporting, audit coordination, Project Management Methodology compliance, capitalization oversight, & all manner of ad hoc requests from Technology stakeholders.
This individual will provide thought & people leadership to identify & execute the actions required for successful delivery of Network Processing strategic priorities. The individual must be a strong leader, able to engage & challenge senior audiences, identify & prioritize actions, & navigate a highly-matrixed, global environment.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience with waterfall & agile product development methodologies preferred. Ensure the methodologies are working properly & providing the best possible outcome.
- Strong leadership & people management skillswith demonstrated ability to lead global, multi-functional teams
- 10+ years of experience managing complex projects/programs with a solid track record for quality results & accurate deliverables. Solid understanding of project management disciplines, processes, & best practices
- Establish clear, aligned goals & direction; provide candid feedback & coaching to maximize team competency, support career management & development of direct reports
- Serve as liaison between the various organizational entities & build relationships with members of these organizations, drive organizational transformations through collaboration & deep partnerships within the division & with the business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation.
- Experience with workforce plan management, provide resource plans, budget tracking & forecasting. Manage the department to achieve target scope, schedule & cost objectives.
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management
- Ability to take ownership of complex, multi-faceted, open-ended problems & drive them to completion
- Ensure that all projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology & Key Controls & that accurate & timely information is collected & reported regularly on project portfolio progress & financial status.
- Keep executive management informed of progress & any obstacles impeding successful product delivery.
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well being available during off hours at times, as this is a global role.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.