VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
Here in London we have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
The task at hand:
Were looking for an experienced Account Director with a strong background in running campaigns & media across a variety of European markets, with an extensive understanding of social media & exceptional client service skills to lead these one of our flagship media & creative accounts for the agency.
You will be a natural leader who can inspire & motivate a team of 6-8 individuals. You are focused on achieving best-in-class service to your client through online & offline media planning & activation & work closely with your team to provide insight driven strategies & creative guidance to meet the client needs. Previous experience in offline and/or programmatic media planning and/or media buying is highly preferred, along with experience leading performance / direct response teams & an appetite to learn or drive creativity.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable with change & evolution of plans & activations, understanding the importance of collaboration, optimisation & adjusting approaches to achieve maximum results. Ideally they would have had experience working with fast-changing clients across several EMEA markets.
- Represent the clients point of view when collaborating with cross-discipline functions while reviewing work, & leverage this perspective when providing feedback to the internal team & presenting to the client.
- Provide excellent client service, managing expectations of deliverables & relaying strategic shifts regularly.
- Consult & guide clients on the technical side of ad ops, platform nuance, & guidance of media strategy to identify & sell-through campaign & incremental campaign opportunities to help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars.
- Develop & deliver senior-level media strategy to clients across all levels that are derived from industry insights & expertise, & learning the development of subsequent deliverables e.g. quarterly decks, performance recaps, etc.
- Consistently work to maintain the success of campaigns through updating deliverables such as working presentations, creative & media strategy, plan summaries, exec summaries, etc. as needed.
- Contribute to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, by identifying opportunities to offer other VaynerMedia services to existing clients & introducing new clients to our offerings.
- Maintain relationships with the media vendor community & continue to develop platform, publisher, & brand relationships.
- Foster strong collaboration with internal teams that include Insights & Strategy, Creative, Project Management, Media Buying/Investment, & Analytics from brief to execution, to keep projects moving forward.
- Guide & contribute to the development of strategic recommendations, creative ideas & deliverables.
- Identify & help sell-through incremental opportunities to clients that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing spend.
- Help to define team success by ensuring they are tracking towards the goals/vision, overseeing deliverables, providing counsel, addressing potential issues, in an attempt to continue to foster growth of your team members.
- Partner with the Account, Strategy, Media & Creative leads to ensure client expectations, creative vision, & agency needs are met from briefing through final delivery on projects
- Tracking financial progression working closely with the PM team, ensuring it is shared & assessed.
- New business & PR support for the wider agency e.g case studies, award entries & pitch development for the department
- Grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement
Desirable skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience leading the planning & buying strategy for a large integrated client.
- A proven track record of leadership experience for cross-EMEA clients.
- Experience in managing & developing a team
- A passion for learning & great presentation skills
- An interest in driving best in class creativity
- Ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong self-awareness & people-management skills
Candidates must also be fluent in the following:
- Google Ads (YouTube, Display, Video)
- Search experience (SA360 or similar mandatory, Yandex & Bing optional)
- Ad Servers (Media Tagging, Site Pixeling - Google Campaign Manager is preferred, but any 3PAS experience would suffice)
- Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables)
- Site Side Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
Candidates should be comfortable navigating conversations within the following:
- Localised out of home partners (above & beyond Clear Channel & JCD)
- Ability to lead conversations with print & publisher partners on direct buys & content partnerships
- Direct experience planning ATL media campaigns, including measurement & analysis
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
For now, these are some of the things we have in place to support you
We regularly review our benefits & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension & Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others & that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions & an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a wide variety of discounts & benefits through Perkbox & you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care & as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.