Away is looking for a dynamic & experienced Recruiter who will help us transition from scrappy startup to global organization. Reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for developing a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent & managing full-cycle recruiting for roles at all levels across the company. You will also partner with hiring managers to design & execute staffing & recruitment strategies to help Away continue to build an innovative & boundary-pushing team.
Youd be a great candidate for this role if you understand what a best-in-class recruitment experience looks like, & how it supports employee engagement & amplifies our brand. Were looking for people who have the skills to build streamlined recruitment infrastructure at a rapidly growing business & are curious, humble & people-first managers. As a member of the People, Process & Culture team, you must be a close listener & a problem-solver with a strong customer-service orientation.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to hiring managers, helping to craft roles, write job descriptions, design hiring plans & create proof of skills tests
- Attract, source & screen applicants using a variety of techniques, including networking, social outreach & direct sourcing
- Manage a high number of open roles at varying levels across many different teams, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail & customer service to both internal clients & external candidates
- Create & ensure a best-in-class candidate experience as candidates move through the hiring funnel
- Track metrics throughout each search, providing hiring managers & senior leadership with weekly updates; analyze the dashboard to identify trends & variances to inform process & strategy needs for each team & role
- Optimize all processes & tools to increase efficiency & improve experience for both candidates & hiring managers
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement & promote a diverse & inclusive workplace
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required
- 2-4 years of work experience as a recruiter
- Pre-existing, strong & broad external corporate network, is a plus
- Exceptional discretion, judgment & critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Ability to juggle multiple & competing priorities with the utmost professionalism & integrity
- Proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Word & PowerPoint, & Greenhouse
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.