Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
Learning & Development Coordinator
The Learning & Development team partners with business units & leaders to drive learning & development that is strategic, measureable, effective, & fosters FBN culture. The Learning & Development Coordinator will be responsible for supporting all employees in their learning & development needs. A successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, detail-oriented & able to act independently. This position operates in a fast-paced environment & must be able to support FBN team members through effective communication & a solution-focused approach. As mastery is demonstrated in this role, the L&D Coordinator will have the chance to take on new growth opportunities including working with subject matter experts to create learner-centered training.
This is a people-facing role where timely & accurate communications with employees is a must. Your role interfaces with employees beginning just before their first day & through the rest of the employee lifecycle. You are joining a growing team & have the opportunity to build & support programs & processes from the ground up.
The Learning & Development Coordinator will develop an excellent working relationship with People Team & business partners, facilitate & support the orientation of new hires, coordinate logistics & scheduling for orientation & current FBN development programs like Cultivate: Mentorship & Learning Live, maintain enrollments in all mediums of training, & provide internal communications support. From acting as the logistical hub for L&D to guiding new hires through orientation, you'll partner closely with managers & subject matter experts to provide access to the learning & development essential for an engaged workforce.
- Schedule & coordinate the logistics of training.
- Coordinate with recruiters, hiring managers, & admins to ensure a smooth new hire orientation.
- Facilitate components of new hire orientation.
- Partner with the business & subject matter experts to create learning modules.
- Respond directly to employees with various questions (new hire questions, training, etc.)
- Maintain accurate learner enrollments in all training programs & platforms.
- Track & report learner training data.
- Ensure all learners are up-to-date with compliance & certification training.
- Maintain excellent organization of training.
- Edit & submit articles for the weekly employee news site.
- Host training Zoom sessions for business partners.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 years experience & proficiency with presentation & facilitation
- Excellent written, oral, & interpersonal skills.
- Moderate experience with using spreadsheets for data entry & organization
- Preferred, but not required, experiences
- 1-2 years in training and/or onboarding
- FBN Competencies where excellence is required:
- Organization & Planning - Purposeful in determining what, when & how work is done in order to focus energy & efforts to achieve a specific outcome.
- Adept at managing multiple projects
- Prioritizes work to meet deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Solutions-oriented & can solve problems on the fly
- Dedication - Pursues work with energy & drive to get the job done even in the face of resistance or would-be obstacles.
- Tackles challenges with a solutions-oriented approach
- Takes initiative with little supervision or direction
- Reliable partner in getting the work done
- Effective Communication - Speaks & writes clearly with appropriate details & can present information in a way that inspires & effectively influences the intended audience to get things done.
- Persuasive & engaging communicator
- Teaches others something new or complex with ease
- Effective stakeholder management
- Defaults to frequent communication