Zola is seeking a Product Designer to be the customer advocate & interpret customer needs into thoughtful design solutions. This person will be working on our Vendor Marketplace platform, which is a business that is at a very early stage of development within a well-funded, growth-stage startup.
Product Designers at Zola are creative thinkers who effectively communicate their ideas & continuously collaborate with product managers, strategists, & engineers to continually innovate at various stages of product conceptualization & design strategy. The role is responsible for creating & overseeing detailed user experience design solutions, prototyping, feature lists, & testing ideas with real users, providing interaction & visual direction from definition to specification. Product designers are measured on the success of their product.
- Lead, define, & communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications
- Collaborate with product management, visual designers, marketers, merchandisers, & engineers apply design principles & user-centered design methodologies to create a great experience for our couples & guests
- Interpret customer needs into effective & thoughtful product solutions
- Create user-centered designs by considering site analytics, customer feedback, & research findings
- Design solutions that drive measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring ideas into an energetic & collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Around 2-4 years+ of proven experience leading design-thinking & user-centered design practices across multiple functional disciplines
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem-solving in the various phases of user-centered, responsive, web & mobile design
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design-related field
***Title & compensation based on experience***
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville & Montreal. Were hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!