CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is seeking a talented Biometrics Research Engineer to join our team. Your work will directly contribute to advancements in the field of human-computer interaction. You will be responsible for experimental design, evaluation of biometric sensors, sourcing & assembling test apparatus, developing experiments, collecting data, & data analysis. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with creative problem solving in a late-stage startup environment. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, and/or consider yourself a technologist or an innovator, this may be the role for you.
What You Will Do:
- Explore novel imaging technologies (2D/3D) for biometric face image capture in order to foster the growth of our platform.
- Establish & maintain CLEAR-wide best practices in biometric image capture & performance evaluation.
- Design & run experiments to evaluate the biometric performance of new capture devices, control algorithms, biometric algorithms & user workflows.
- Establish a model of sample utility to optimize face image capture across applications.
- Develop a scalable module to continuously monitor performance of CLEARs exponentially growing production systems in the cloud, interfacing with software & security teams to architect secure data access.
Who You Are:
- Bs, Ms or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, a related field
- Background in statistics, machine learning, computer vision, biometrics, robotics and/or imaging & have completed a software project in at least one of these areas.
- Possess strong coding & SDK integration skills in C++, python, or Java
- Experience with at least two completed computer vision projects from conception to pilot in object detection, tracking, biometrics, or robotics
- Solid understanding of the modern imaging process, including optics, camera control, & computational photography
- Possess hands-on experience in vision & machine learning packages, such as OpenCV, sklearn or DLIB,
- Ability to communicate well across functional teams, from SW engineers to product managers
- Ability to break down scientific results to product security & usability aspects.
- Comfortable with innovative, mission-critical projects which will lead to a high quality end result.
- Analytical & scientifically rigorous.