Your role in our mission
Were Alfred, & were building the future of living. We provide resident-first software & services to deliver in-home support & local experiences. Were contributing to build a future where everyone has the help they need to make time for the people & things that matter most. Since 2015, weve completed millions of services & saved our members countless hours across more than twenty cities.
As a member of the Experience team, the Fitness Operations Specialist will be responsible for teaching fitness classes in our Alfred communities, as well as sourcing, training & onboarding new fitness instructors. Your expertise in delivering a great onsite experience for residents & your deep connection to the NYC fitness community will drive consistent quality programming to increase resident happiness. This is a rare full time fitness position that deeply relies on your love of teaching fitness classes & discovering & coaching fellow instructors.
How youll contribute to #OneTeam
- Engage & connect residents through onsite classes at our communities in Jersey City, Manhattan, & Brooklyn. (up to 12 classes weekly)
- Source & vet fitness instructors to teach onsite classes at our Alfred communities nationally.
- Onboard fitness instructors: supporting them through training, first invoice submission, first class, & month 1 check-in.
- Support the scheduling team members in sourcing coverage for last-minute instructor cancellations.
- Foster a strong culture of appreciation & camaraderie among the instructors & vendors who deliver classes & specialty event services in our community virtually.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience teaching fitness classes in New York City (NASM, YTT or ASFA certified)
- Exceptional listening & organization skills
- Ability to multi-task & close the loop ensuring strong relationships & lines of communication
- Coachability, bias towards implementing feedback, & dedication to improving your craft - our team thrives on feedback, radical candor, & improvement through reflection
- Experience teaching for Alfred preferred.
Youll connect with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective & always open to growing
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high & ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #OneTeam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops open
Some ways we care for you
- Remote Friendly working style
- NYC Pet Friendly HQ
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion working group
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly Seminar Learning Sessions
- Culture of Promoting from Within
- 100% coverage of Medical, Dental & Vision Premiums for Employees
- FSA & HSA options
- Quarterly Feedback Reviews