Who we are?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Deployment Construction Project Manager you will be responsible for all coordination disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource & manage all the technical activities, aiming at ensuring project accuracy & quality from start to finish. Responsibilities also include coordination of field construction on fast paced, high profile projects involving multiple projects at once. Youll ensure compliance with schedule, safety, cost, & quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Team.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Assist in various stages through the project life cycle, from planning to pre-construction, construction, & post-construction
- Maintain project schedules by monitoring progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Manage workflow & assignments
- Maintain project database & data integrity
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing & summarizing information & trends, recommending actions
- Gain understanding the major commercial & deliverable terms of the construction contracts & manage within these terms
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Coordinate field activities, assist with issue resolution or escalation with the contractor & stakeholders
- Drive for compliance with the schedule, scope, & budget, & monitor & enforce compliance with safety & contract requirements
- Provide high-level interactions across various functional groups & understand the deployment process
- Coordinate field activities, assist with issue resolution or escalation
- Gain the ability to make on-site constructibility design decisions
- Monitor & report on construction productivity & schedule performance
- Oversee the project close out process including developing the punch list; responsible for completion of the punch list, & all closeout documentation
- Monitor all extra work authorization requests, change order process & payment requests
- Monitor the budget, oversee & document all aspects of the project
- Support metric development & reporting
- Adhere to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, & Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, & Contractual commitments
In your first year, you will:
- Execute multiple projects & planning in support of long-term scalability
- Oversee multiple general contractors in managing & coordinating all on-site construction activities for multiple sites with focus in Philadelphia & other markets as needed from conception to completion
- Operate across internal teams & external organizations to ready & implement operations processes & projects.
- Lead process improvements that result in continuous efficiency & efficacy gains throughout deployment & operations in projects
- Be exceptional at adapting to changes in a fast paced environment
You are great for this role, because:
- You hold a BA/ BS degree, PMP or equivalent practical experience
- You have 5+ years of construction management, project coordination, project management or similar experience in equivalent discipline
- You have a construction, telecom, utility or OOH digital infrastructure experience with knowledge of basic underground civil (trenching & small conduit installation) & structural (sidewalk foundations) which is performed in busy urban streets
- You have Salesforce or similar ERP workflow database management experience
- You have keen multitasking ability (prioritize, organize, & schedule work) & problem-solver (identify, analyze, research, evaluate & resolve)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal & stakeholders management)
- You have strong knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and, tools
- You have a strong sense of urgency, plans ahead to prevent problems & quick to resolve any emerging ones
- Calm under pressureregardless of how challenging a circumstance
- You are sharp-witted & discerning, & exhibit strong analytical ability. You quickly see through a situation to its core
- You are an open, thoughtful & direct communicator
- You are efficient, organized, & have a proven track record to get things done
- You have general knowledge of labor & electrical unions
- You possess leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status & all other legally protected characteristics.