Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the role:
The Bioinformatics, BioPharma team at Guardant Health is focused on partnerships with leading biotech & pharma companies who are at the forefront of cancer therapeutics & diagnostics. In this role, you will help lead the bioinformatics data engineering necessary to enhance & scale these partnerships.
The Bioinformatics, BioPharma team is responsible for the success of collaborations with 40+ biopharma partners across various cutting-edge translational research areas. Through these partnerships, Guardant Health has amassed large amounts of data for samples processed through our portfolio of ctDNA products, including Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI. As these partnerships continue to grow, you will help scale the maintenance, structure & analytics of this data. You will own the aggregation of both prospective & retrospective data from various sources. You will streamline pipelines & processes required to access & analyze this data. You will rapidly prototype analysis & visualization tools necessary for pharma research to proceed effectively & efficiently.
You will spearhead these efforts & take ownership of all pharma data. To achieve your goals, you will work closely with multiple teams across Guardant Health, including Bioinformatics, LIMS, Software, Business Development, & Operations.
· 2+ years relevant experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry
· Experience developing & troubleshooting NGS piplines running on high-performance compute clusters.
· Preferred: Experience working with a LIMS system
· Knowledge of database querying & manipulation, e.g., Postgres, SQL.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python, strong proficiency with the Linux command-line, version control tools (git & GitHub),andproduction coding practices.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly prototypeanddevelop new, robust tools.
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment
· Desire & ability to dig deeply through various data types to gain insights.
· Self-starter: you take ownership over a project & are able to work independently/cross-functionally to get it done.
· Strong team player: ability to work together with your team as well as cross-functionally, to accomplish your goals.
PhD in computational biology, computer science, genomics or related fields, or M.S. plus +3 years relevant experience