Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
The Xchange product is responsible for connecting businesses no matter their sizes. We handle integration needs such as transformations, reliable communication channels, protocol translations & audit for our clients. We route securely documents of big enterprises with more than 200k employees, but also of small businesses, enabling electronic business - globally.
- Work in a development team with senior engineers, in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work with business people to define & improve existing integration experiences
- Participate in the entire development cycle from requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment & verification
- Identify opportunities, design & implement solutions to improve the existing code basis
- Write high-quality, tested & peer-reviewed code, 1/2 Java & 1/2 XSLT on our backend services & on our PDF transformation engine
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience with Java
- Experience XSLT / XPath 2.0
- Familiarity with HTTP, Web Services, JSF
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges & dive into unknown territory
- Eager to learn more & grow your skills
- Fluent in English
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Interest on Java EE frameworks: EJB, CDI, JPA, JMS & Google Guice
- Curiosity towards XSL Formatting Objects - Apache FOP
- Is a plus if you have knowledge of Integration Patterns & libraries such as Apache Camel
- Interest in BPM engines, message queues systems & relational databases
- Familiarity with software design patterns (IoC, DI, MVC, etc)
- Familiarity with virtualization / container technologies like Docker
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.