Minimum Experience: 5+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a passionate technical leader who believes in building high quality mobile apps that address users problems. You are able to leverage the latest mobile features & tools to drive customer impact. Your inclination is to continuously improve the applications you work on & how you work. You see automated testing as valuable & youre eager to move across languages & tech boundaries. As much as you enjoy learning, you are also passionate about sharing your knowledge with your team & mentoring other engineers. Youre always thinking about ways to deliver better software as a team.
The mobile engineering team is looking for a technical leader who can help shape the direction of the architecture, tooling, team delivery practices. Were a small team managing several mobile apps for all of Dataminr. Were focused on building features quickly & getting them in front of customers while continuously improving our practices to deliver high-impact mobile apps. Our current agile rituals are a mix of Kanban & Scrum & theyre evolving as the team grows.
Our current mobile stack is a mix of native iOS/Android & React Native. Our teams developers will have the opportunity to work across products & technical platforms.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Contribute & improve our codebase / infrastructure from the get-go
- Lead the development of significant features that have an impact on our business
- Play an active role in evolving our mobile engineering practices
- Understand our technical ecosystem to be able to guide the teams technical roadmap
- Introducing new concepts & practices that improve the experience of customers & streamlines development experience
- Play a supporting role in the recruitment of new team members as we build a diverse & enjoyable team
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.