AtlanticLIVE, the live events arm of The Atlantic, seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, & service-minded professional to join our team & contribute to the growth, development, & execution of AtlanticLIVEs events. The Audience Development Coordinator/Manager (title commensurate with experience) will work across events, with a particular focus on the acquisition & delivery of curated & relevant audiences. Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years previous event and/or research experience.
AtlanticLIVE builds on the 160-year legacy of The Atlantic, offering 3D journalism to audiences hungry for lively discussion of contemporary issues, including politics, business, education, health, & technology. We produce more than 125 events a year across the country & around the world. These include large scale national & international events like The Atlantic Festival & CityLab; along with topical forums on everything from education to criminal justice; & "on the record" roundtable dinners with leading thinkers. AtlanticLIVE has won numerous awards for its events, including the Folio: FAME Awards. Some events are ticketed; others are free & open to the public.
- Manage the audience development arc, from the initial invitation to the post event survey
- Conduct thorough research to develop customized & targeted audience lists for events ranging in scale & topic
- Develop & execute email marketing campaigns & recruitment strategies to achieve in-room audience goals for events
- Support processes around registration, ticketing, attendance, audience engagement (pre-event, on-site, & post-event), etc.
- Develop creative & effective messaging for audience email communications by understanding the content of each event
- Track & monitor audience development for a specific portfolio of events, evolving recruitment strategies as needed
- Coordinate with internal & external stakeholders to track deliverables & timelines & to provide consistent progress reports
- Manage pre- & post-event materials for in-person & online audiences
- Work with the team to identify & manage strategic partnerships to help achieve audience objectives
- Manage post event reporting procedures & present major findings to the larger team
- Support cross-platform audience efforts
- Actively participate in the ideation of new event concepts as an enterprising, entrepreneurial, & productive team contributor, identifying new means of innovation to grow AtlanticLIVEs impact across all constituent groups (e.g., in-person attendees, online viewers/readers, speakers, underwriters)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strong researcher Uses journalistic research skills to identify subject matter leaders across a range of issues & sectors to ensure balanced conversations
- Persuasive writer Strong, sharp & personable writing skills & exceptional copywriting skills; plans, executes & optimizes frequent email marketing campaigns to recruit & engage audiences
- Confident communicator with stakeholders & AtlanticLIVE brand ambassador Polished & professional liaison with audiences, stakeholders, speakers, & clients alike
- Data manager Assist in the maintenance of large & complex email lists with an keen eye to accuracy & knowledge preservation
- Ultimate multi-tasker Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management & judgment, & the ability to manage complex tasks in a fast-paced environment; & grace under pressure
- Detail-obsessed Ability to manage & navigate complex projects & tasks with an eye to even the smallest of details
- Team player Engages all assignments, large & small, at the highest level & contributes to the success of colleagues work & larger team initiatives
- Comfort with ambiguity Adaptability in a fast-moving & ever-changing environment
- News junkie A voracious consumer of current events & the newsmakers driving the stories
- Attentive colleague true service ethic, sense of responsibility, spirit of generosity, & gracious sense of humor
- Adept with numbers, MS Excel, & reporting data in effective formats, including visually
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics preferable)
- Excellent keyword research skills
- Broad understanding of technical aspects of email sending & attendee management platforms (Cvent, Splash, Google, Marketo, Salesforce, Social Tables, etc.)
Atlantic Media Values
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in you, & everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas to the good & not have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, & giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity a natural disposition in each colleague toward service & selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth critical on the merits but informed by charity & forbearance in measuring motive & personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.