We're looking for recent graduates who are media savvy, can articulate well-formed opinions & engage with the TEDx community via email. You need to feel a personal stake in the future of science, politics, philosophy, art, and/or pop culture, & demonstrate bona fides in one or two of those fields. This is not about what you're majoring in -- we're looking for deep personal interest. Do you blog about art? Do you curate a YouTube channel about pop culture? Do you have a Twitter feed dedicated to your political views? Do you & your friends get into passionate debates on the caliber of obscure German philosophers?
Your primary mission will be to evaluate, optimize, & publish talks put forward by the TEDx community. This requires a scrupulous & discerning eye. Globally, the TEDx initiative produces 500+ talks every week; we need smart people to watch each one & identify the best & most urgent, so we can help share those ideas with a wider public. It's not as simple as you might think -- there will be long hours watching video after video on a computer screen while you struggle to keep a clear-headed appreciation of our mission. We've been there. But if you love learning & sharing your opinion, it can be very rewarding. Your input will help guide not just the talks that we feature on TED.com, but our TEDx platform as well.
A few skills you can expect to practice or learn: how to express a compelling opinion that leads to action; how best to contribute in a collaborative, opinionated workplace; how to give a great TED talk (and what makes a talk fail); how to optimize a video for discovery on the internet; how to screen content & ensure it falls within established guidelines.
- You must be able to work in our Manhattan offices 5 full days (40 hrs) per week
- You should be well-versed in the YouTube Creator Studio
- You should be very familiar working in Google Drive in spreadsheets & documents
- You must know how to use a Mac
- You must be fluent in English
- You should be fluent in at least one of these languages as well: Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Mandarin
- You should have some video editing skills & a strong interest into developing those skills
- You should be able to pass a short editing & writing test
- You must be detail-oriented & perceptive when completing tasks
- Prior internships or video experience required
To apply, please include your rsum & a cover letter telling us why youd like to join our team & what your favorite TEDx talk is. Please include links to a writing sample, i.e., something intelligent you've said online, a paper youve done for school or an article you've written. Demonstrate that you are bright, perceptive, succinct & insightful. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
This is a paid internship.