The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for bench-top quality control of final products & raw materials, quality control data building/reporting, & will support root cause analysis to identify opportunities for product improvement. Based in our New York City HQ, this position will strongly interface with multiple functional teams throughout the Daily Harvest Supply Chain team.
What youll do
- Oversee the formal review of all Daily Harvest finished goods & raw materials to confirm conformance to specifications.
- Manage the collection of QC data in the Daily Harvest QC database, keeping a detailed record of findings.
- Organize QC sample tastings for R&D, Procurement & Food Safety/Quality teams.
- Manage shipment receipt, shipment schedules, & shipment inventory from production facilities & ingredient vendors.
- Formally communicate QC data in a regular reporting cadence to allow key stakeholders to take action when needed.
- Recommend recipe & raw material adjustments to drive efficiencies, flavor consistency, & quality improvements.
- Submit samples to 3rd party labs for testing & track all results.
- Support new product launches by participating in data collection for specification development.
- Partner with the Logistics team to collect ship test data to validate shipping protocols.
- Occasional travel (10-20%) to support specific Quality initiatives at the supplier level.
Who you are:
- Food Science, R&D or hard science background preferred with experience in data collection & reporting.
- A passion for whole, real foods!
- Ability to work independently & consistently execute analytical tasks that are often repetitive.
- Detail-oriented & incredibly organized
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to identify & communication actionable correlations
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal
- Proficient in verbal/written English
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications including G-Suite tool.
- Problem solver with a sense of urgency & bias for action.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, harvest bowls, overnight oats, lattes, bites & chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.