Quality Assurance Manager | Full-Time
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search, connecting the world's top professionals with the world's best knowledge. As part of our growth strategy, we are developing & improving our transcription services, known as AlphaScribes, for our global business clientele. AlphaScribes refers to AlphaSights experienced, high-performing team of transcriptionists & transcription suppliers who provide the company with best-in-class, accurate & timely transcription work.
Were looking for a detail-oriented, personable & highly engaged Quality Assurance Manager to ensure our high standards are set & maintained as we scale our operations significantly over the coming months. The Quality Assurance Manager will primarily oversee a team of proofreaders, & also provide feedback to transcriptionists. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the proofreading QA process, which ensures adherence to the AlphaSights-house Style Guide & for overall client readability.
Our QA Manager will have a close eye for detail when reviewing the work of proofreaders & also deliver helpful, constructive feedback to transcriptionists & the proofreading team. This person seeks to understand causes instead of just outcomes & takes steps to address them & improve the team. As a positive, effective communicator, he or she is direct yet patient & enjoys working with remote teams comprised of different personalities.
Responsibilities will be comprised of but not limited to:
- Review & analyze the QA transcriptionists scoring & feedback to ensure fairness & consistency across the team
- Deliver summarized scores & feedback to individual transcriptionists & transcription suppliers regularly to help ensure high standards
- Communicate areas of improvement & monitoring transcriptionists performance
- Maintain transcriptionists scoring database & dashboard
- Manage the AlphaScribes Terminology database & update as necessary to help transcriptionists with key industry terms & company names
- Hold regular check-in meetings/calls with the QA transcriptionist team members to identify pain points & key areas of improvement
- Answer questions from members of the transcription team pertaining to style, templates or audio files
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of professional transcriptionist experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as an editor/quality coordinator (agency setting is a plus but not required)
- Minimum 2 years experience managing people
- Superior proofing & editing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, & to prioritize those tasks
- BA in English or related subject; or equivalent experience
- Above average knowledge of Google Docs & Google Sheets