TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Were fundamentally changing how clinical trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology & operational perspective. To achieve this, were bringing together talent from top technology, CRO, & biopharma companies to work side by side.
As the first Field Support Technician at TrialSpark, your work will be critical in ensuring the uptime & reliability of technology used across our rapidly growing trial site network. Your day-to-day activities will include the deployment & ongoing maintenance of routers, temperature sensors, & other IoT hardware. Youll also participate in an on-call rotation for site monitoring. Outside of running the day-to-day, youll be asked to look for ways to improve our processes as the business scales.
This is a great opportunity if youre someone who:
- Enjoys helping others with a great bedside manner
- Is detailed oriented & obsessed with pinpointing the root cause of technical issues
- Doesnt mind getting in the weeds of things & views obstacles as opportunities
Key qualifications for this role include:
- Organized & detail oriented - This role is all about the details. Youll need to juggle many different tasks, ensuring they all get done in an accurate & timely manner.
- Ownership mentality - You feel a strong sense of ownership over your work. You not only get it done well, but also look for ways to improve how we do things.
- Extensive field support experience - You are a security & reliability focused individual with experience supporting technical infrastructure across multiple locations.
- Excitement for the mission - Were passionate about bringing medical treatments to patients faster, & think its important you are too.
- Kind, thoughtful, & low ego - We look for folks who have these attributes, as we think they are key contributors to a great company culture.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.