Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Operations Associate to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role
The Member Process Design & Strategy team at Oscar is responsible for enrolling members, ensuring they are able to get the care they need when they need it, & controlling Oscars mutli-billion dollar revenue stream. We design, implement & improve operations in our business area using both technology & process-based solutions to enable Oscars scale & deliver a seamless member experience.
You will have end to end oversight of the process design of our operational processes that keep Oscar running every day. You will be responsible for designing & improving these processes to increase efficiencies & enable expansion - working with partners across both Insurance Operations & cross-functionally to take their ideas from vision to implementation.
- Independently identify, design, & implement changes & improvements to our eligibility & billing processes
- Distill the requirements of new product & market expansions & design automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements.
- Support the Member operations teams to resolve member escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling.
- Partner closely within Insurance Operations & with Product & Engineering and/or Data Science orgs to build the next generation of health insurance operations.
- Coordinate with our external partners & vendors to ensure operational success
- A bachelors degree or commensurate years of operating experience
- 3+ years of work in operations, health insurance, data analysis, engineering and/or consulting
- 3+ years of experience using data software such as Excel, SQL or Python
- Experience developing project plans coordinating with internal & external stakeholders
- Experience designing & improving workflows as well as standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience with Medicare Advantage
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.