Company Description|Job Description
The Kinetica Active Analytics Platform combines streaming & historical data with location intelligence & machine learning-powered analytics. Organizations across automotive, energy, telecommunications, retail, healthcare, financial services, & beyond leverage the platform's GPU-accelerated computing power to build custom analytical applications that deliver immediate, dynamic insight. Kinetica has a rich partner ecosystem, including NVIDIA, Dell, HP, & IBM, & is privately held, backed by leading global venture capital firms Canvas Ventures, Citi Ventures, GreatPoint Ventures, & Meritech Capital Partners.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
Kinetica is looking for a highly technical software engineerwith experience & interest in creating low-latency & large-scale distributed data processing systems. As a Kinetican, you will joinan expert team of engineerswith the goal of continuing to improve upon the Kinetica database, our distributed database designed around using GPUs for data processing & visualization.
- Working with product leads to identify needed features & outlining & executing development strategy with development leads.
- Researching potential optimizations & communicating superior technical approaches to the broader team to improve Kinetica.
- Implementing C/C++ algorithms & vital infrastructure to support new features.
- Completing all tasks assigned by development leads in a consistent & timely manner.
- Technical Degree with a strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals.
- At least 5 years of active C/C++ development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, networking, & multi-threading.
- Understanding of how to operate, develop, & debug within a Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of source control management software.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities & solve problems.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience developing highly distributed low latency systems using various messaging systems, i.e., MPI, ZMQ.
- Experience developing internal database components (advanced data structures, query planners/optimizers, transactional data containers, data versioning).
- A deep understanding of Linux, including kernel & userspace interactions.
- Experience with distributed application debugging, profiling, & optimization.
- Experience with C++ frameworks such as Boost, TBB, & Poco.
- Experience programming for GPUs.
- Experience with machine learning.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.