We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is recruiting a lawyer to serve as Corporate Counsel for commercial partnerships & digital advertising agreements, joining the company's global legal team. This position will support & provide advice to the companys various business units focused on interacting with clients, advertising agencies, vendors & corporate customers.
This position will work closely with, & report directly to, the Senior Corporate Counsel who is based in Tripadvisors global headquarters in Massachusetts, & is responsible for similar commercial activities to those described above. Given Tripadvisor's commitment to remote work, this position is offered globally, but with preference to the following locations: Needham, New York, London, Dublin or Barcelona.
As Corporate Counsel, your responsibilities will include:
- providing legal support for a variety of the Companys business teams, located globally, including: Sales, Product, Marketing, Business-to-Business Solutions, Analytics & Research & others;
- providing prompt legal advice & support on a wide variety of legal topics related to media buying, advertising, creative services, data ownership & marketing materials & programs;
- ensuring compliance with applicable laws & regulations;
- providing strategic legal & business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to legal issues/risks;
- working closely with other lawyers in the Legal Department (in Needham, Massachusetts, London UK & more globally) in a collaborative manner; and
- instructing & managing outside counsel.
What are we looking for?
- 4-6 years of post-qualification experience, preferably with both law firm & in-house corporate experience, with experience in handling commercial agreements, sales, data sharing, privacy, & analytics-related matters.
- Current member of one or more state bars in the United States, or valid solicitor or local law equivalent admission to practice.
- Strong work ethic & ability to multitask, prioritize, & follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter & able to work well independently & as part of a team, with strong organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Effective written & oral communication skills.
- Excellent business judgment & strategic thinking.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second European language (Spanish, French, Italian or German) a plus, but not required.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.