Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk and www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential.
About This Role:
TheEditorialAssociatewill support Refinery29's Editor-in-Chief by managing the day-to-day & long-term operations, handling administrative tasks, & activities, completing monthly expense reports, organizing events, & overseeing special projects. This is a prime opportunity for a smart, highly driven individual with excellent initiative to gain a wealth of knowledge & experience in a fast-paced & creative environment. TheEditorialAssociate is a forward-thinking visionary who is able to think about the Refinery29 business as it relates to the Editor-in-Chief & theEditorial Department in its entirety.
What You'll Do:
- Establish productive relationships with other assistants & R29 executives to work as collaboratively as possible
- Ensure priorities are managed; daily & long-term requests are addressed
- Proactively manage both personal & professional calendars
- Manage meeting logistics including booking rooms, creating & preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, & welcoming external guests
- Project management & special projects with a focus on keynote deck creation
- Manage & submit monthly expense reports
- Coordinate international & domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates & reservations, car services, & international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences
- Conceive & organize internal events including happy hours, dinners, off-site meetings, & retreats
- Oversee all press opportunities & needs
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks including placing lunch orders, arranging deliveries, updating contacts, conducting research
- Manage & update bio & professional photo for external meetings & boards
What You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Executive Assistant - bonus points for working at "rapid growth" companies!
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative team player
- Strong attention to detail & follow up abilities
- Must be a highly organized & solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture & pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities at once, manage time effectively, & maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgment & discretion
- Well versed in social media platforms & merging technologies
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends & holidays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote (must have!), Google Calendar, Instagram, Twitter, FB Live, & Snapchat
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable & energized working in a fast-paced, high volume operation
- Collaborative & open to feedback in pursuit of constantly pushing content to new heights
- Ready to adapt with an ever-changing environment & industry
- Must include a cover letter ( Tell us WHY you rock, Who are you? What drives you to make a difference?)
- Your resume says it all, but feel free to tag your social media , send us a video - Great creative!