As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Head of Products, Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand (SMT) is responsible for developing product strategy, providing the thought leadership & long-term design for the growth of credit, debit & prepaid products across the market. This includes Issuer Engagement, Benefits & CVP, Digital Deployment & Digital Solutioning.
The ideal candidate will be a high achieving leader familiar with a banker/ issuer mindset as well as the digital & payments world, however those with a background in leadership of product & solutions in industries beyond financial services that are leaders in their field could be well suited to this role.
Reporting to the Head of Products for Asia Pacific, this individual will lead the SMT product team, working closely with the Group Country Manager for the cluster. The position will have significant interaction with all the major geography-based functions (Marketing, Merchants Sales & Solutions, Government Relations etc) as well as Visa Singapore-based executives, across Digital Solutions, Data Solutions, Core Solutions as well functions like Merchant Sales & Solutions, Corporate Strategy & Marketing. This role sits on the SMT leadership team as well as the Asia Pacific Product Leadership team.
The primary responsibilities of the Head of Products, SMT would include:
- Develop, deliver & activate product strategies;
- Establish & enhance pipeline of product enhancements, developments & acceleration plans;
- Launch new product initiatives on time, within budget & across multiple clients
- Manage the Core Product category to grow share & usage of Visa credentials;
- Manage & meet financial performance indicators for Visa core products in SMT including revenue targets, operating expense budgets.
- Manage & meet business metric performance for Visa core products in SMT, including CIF, payment volume, transaction volume & international cash;
- Lead a team of innovative & engaged individuals focused on delivering best in class products to address local customer preference & anticipated needs.
Why this is important to Visa
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses & economies to thrive. We are able to do this through our global network that connects all the participants. As Head of Product in one of the fastest growing regions in the world, this role in critical in defining & executing our strategy in AP.
- The ideal candidate will bring 12+ years' experience in the retail bank/consumer cards marketing businesses coupled with at least 8 years' experience in developing & launching new transactional banking services, debit credit cards, e-payment services & other digital products/services in a financial institution
- S/he should be a natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills & strong executive presence. The individual must be disciplined & comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity & capability to interact & influence across multiple levels & organizations internal & external to Visa.
- Experience leading a global team is desirable, as is an advanced understanding of banking & payment card & e-payments systems & processes.
What you will need:
- Strong understanding of trends & themes in payments & commerce; futurist outlook & passion for technology innovation
- Experience in the retail bank/consumer cards marketing businesses coupled with at least 8 years of experience in developing & launching new transactional banking services, debit credit cards, e-payment services & other digital products/services in a financial institution
- World-class client-facing & presentation skills
- Strong business acumen & management skills
- Degree qualified in business and/or technology. Post graduate qualifications highly desirable. Top tier MBA strongly preferred
What will also help:
- Understanding of Visa business & organization strongly preferred
- Passion for the transformative power of technology for the good of the world
- An impressive record of digital products/services delivered from idea through to commercialization
- Ability to connect the dots between product, design, technology, & strategy to solve complex problems
- Track record for a proven ability to attract, hire & train top talent