Based in the New York metro area, Pursuit is an innovative social impact organization whose mission is to close the opportunity gap in America by changing how we think about workforce development. Each year, our programs build pathways to lucrative, long-term tech careers for hundreds of diverse, low-income, high-potential adults. We do so by providing supportive training as well as solutions to systemic barriers in workforce development. On average, Fellows increase their income from $18,000 to nearly $90,000, & work at over 300 companies, including Citi, Uber, & Amazon.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts & professionals help keep our curriculum fresh & our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, & Capstone projects.
About the Role
Reports to: Director of Institutional Giving & Relations
As an Institutional Giving Manager you will:
- Fundraising (50%): Overseeing all aspects of cultivation, solicitation, & stewardship of a portfolio of foundation, corporate, & government grants, personally responsible for securing $900,000+ in renewal & new support annually.
- General support for the Director (25%) in completing all grant proposals & funder reports
- Revenue processing (5%): Grants acknowledgments & processing/sharing of grant contracts & forms, liaising between funders & Pursuits Finance team, while utilizing best practices for the Development department
- Budgeting/Revenue Tracking (5%): Maintaining revenue source reports, solicitation tracking reports & calendars, monitoring expense reports, & producing funding analysis reports
- Research & data management (10%): Work with the Development Assistant in securing research to qualified foundation prospect leads, creating & maintaining database information in Salesforce
- General grants team office management (5%)
Prior work experience:
- A minimum of 3 years prior fundraising work experience, preferably in institutional giving & grants. Experience with leading state & federal grants is a must.
- Adept at using technology, include Google docs suite, Adobe Acrobat, & Salesforce database experience preferred
What you need to be considered for the Institutional Giving Manager role:
- Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, clear writing, & critical thinking skills, & demonstrated organizational abilities
- Proven ability to work independently & handle multiple tasks with extreme attention to details, deadlines, & results
- Expert presentation & timely communication skills. Must be comfortable addressing & engaging with diverse communities at various levels & mediums, including in-person, email, messaging platforms, & phone calls.
- Ability to work well in a team setting, showing respect for all, emotional maturity, & joy
- Ability to see a project through to completion & receive & act upon constructive feedback
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up/entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to work the occasional evening & weekend as required
- A passion for working toward contributing to making systemic change for marginalized communities
Where youll work:
- Because we are One Big Team, we are planning to return to a hybrid work in the Spring. This means you will work 2 days in our Long Island City Office & 3 days where you work best.
$75,000 - $100,000
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, & kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus & a full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO & an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- Opportunity for advancement into a senior manager role
Pursuit Values Diversity
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.