Arcadias Technical Writer is responsible for the creation, development, & publication of instructional documentation for product specifications, releases, & installations associated with our robust suite of population health tools. This role will work cross-functionally across various internal departments to ensure product specifications & requirements are well-understood & documented.
What youll need to accomplish:
- Conducts primary research with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), reads documentation, & explores existing software systems or proofs of concepts in order to become familiar with product concepts with the goal of (1) drafting, writing, & editing technical documentation, & (2) remaining current in technological innovations
- Develops & writes technical content by studying flowcharts, sketches, drawings, mockups, specifications & product proofs of concept
- Creates technical documentation including design meeting notes, software specifications, technical manuals & user-friendly end user manuals
- Recognizes changes in scope, specifications & work effort for software projects & anticipates resulting changes in documentation needs
- Creates & proactively maintains end-user & internal design documentation for products to support internal & external audiences, as well as higher-level strategic overviews & concept review documentation to support sales, marketing, & account management.
- Utilize knowledge management best practices to improve the searchability & enhance the searchability of documented resources
- Research & documentation of existing & requested customer-specific configurations or customizations, along with underlying business drivers to support Ops/PM in identifying shared needs or customer education opportunities
What youll need to have!
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer; experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- 2+ years of related engineering experience
- Experience working with a product or product management team a plus
- Demonstrated research skills & the ability to communicate effectively with technical SMEs
- Proven experience in the principles & best practices of technical writing, copywriting, editing, proofreading, & content design
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, & ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Project, Excel, Word, Visio)