Expedient is a provider of cloud & data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
We are hiring an IT Support Specialist in our Pittsburgh Operations Support Center. This full-time position will be responsible for monitoring the systems, networks & services as well as taking requests, fielding job tickets & responding to questions from Expedient clients.
This is a great tier 1 job opportunity for someone looking to get hands-on experience in a data center/networking/virtualization environment & start a career in IT with growth potential & professional development opportunities. This position has a shift of Thursday through Saturday alternating Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Flexibility to help provide backup coverage as needed is appreciated.
Sponsorship is NOT provided.
- Process & prioritize incoming client phone calls, emails and job ticket questions and/or requests for service-related assistance
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests & problems/resolutions including documentation of special requests & customizations considered important for future support
- Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network & facility conditions
- Check in clients to provide them with physical access to their servers & equipment using a strict level of security protocol
- Communicate with clients & internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set & that appropriate attention is being paid to client requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience & industry technical certifications (for example: CCNA, CCENT, MCSE, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+, etc.)
- Demonstrated level of competency with internet technologies including:
- Principles of networking, Cisco, Juniper
- Windows operating system
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands
- DNS & WEB services
- Experience in a technical support or helpdesk role requiring client support
- Strong analytical & independent problem-solving skills
- Professional & strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to cover weekends or call-offs as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments & to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment, parts, computer & server hardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk & print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb & balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch & crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning & staying agile in the technology arena. We make education & training available to employees through a robust, employee-driven training & tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off; top-tier, affordable medical, dental & vision insurance; 401(k) with a generous match; a business casual dress code; & a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team & individual success. We stock our kitchens with free snacks & beverages for our employees.
To apply, please submit your resume & a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isnt the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.