Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA)drives tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa's network clients, including both financial services & merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, Visa Consulting & Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The NA Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting & solution services for Visa's largest issuers in the UnitedStates. We apply deep expertise in the banking, payments & analytics industry to provide impactful to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth & improve profitability. TheVCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments & managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for a Director to join our consulting practice & play a role in developing high impact projects for Visa's clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering & implementing projects & solutionswith large US Financial Institutions / Issuing Banks. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable & profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both,thepreferred brand & unique business partner.
Most engagements are focused on developing strategies for our clients e.g. market penetration strategies, profitability analysis, segmentation, growth, product development, program launch, customer acquisition, customerlife cycle optimization, retention & enhancements .
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Visainternal teams in regular strategic & planning discussions
- Leads consulting initiatives & contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with Issuing Bank Partners.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions & recommendations that effectively & efficiently address the most impactful opportunities & challenges.
- Build solutions & actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios & customer engagement in their core business
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (marketing, sales, risk, innovation) & across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth & depth of Visa's resources
- Produce insights, analyses & recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues & provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals & segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate & analyze large data sets (industry & Visa) to determine meanings insights & recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents & consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics & high impact solutions to clients support the growth & performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal & external clients & across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, office'din Foster City, CA andreporting into a Senior Director within VCA.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Relevant experience at large management consulting firm or US Financial Institution
- Payments/Financial Services xperience
- Strong Analytical/Quantitative Background
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge & understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems & processes, marketing initiatives & card issuing experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills
- Team player
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends & applications
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.