TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Trust & Safety team's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
We are building a world where people can safely discover, create and connect. The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications. Within Trust & Safety, the Outreach and Partnerships Management team builds and leverages relationships with external stakeholders that drive safety improvements and build trust in the platform.
We're looking for an Outreach & Partnerships Manager to engage external voices and experts to mitigate the psychological and physical risks to youth and ensure all Trust and Safety policies and products are adapted to best protect minors' unique developmental life stages.
As an Issue Outreach & Partnerships Manager, you are a primary outreach lead and liaison for the Youth Safety and Wellbeing Issue Policy teams. You will work closely with these teams to identify their priorities that will most benefit from external expertise. Whenever relevant, you will work across regional outreach managers across all global markets to identify and connect with external stakeholders to gather feedback and test ideas that will enhance our policies, tools, processes and products. In addition to the Youth Safety and Wellbeing team, you will also work closely with T&S' Product teams, as well as cross-functional partners in Public Policy, Communications, Legal, and Ops to ensure that TikTok cultivates policies that are forward looking, mitigate unintended consequences and promote creativity and joy while keeping our community safe.
You have an insatiable appetite for empowering online communities, a dedication to user safety, and significant experience facilitating productive dialogue with internal teams and the users they seek to serve. You will serve as an external ambassador for TikTok, and will be proficient in constituent outreach, building partnerships, and creating forums to inform policies, processes, and internal training.
What will I be doing ?
- Ensure that the voices of organizations and experts who focus on youth online safety, youth wellbeing, and adolescent development are heard by TikTok Trust & Safety teams
- Help to ensure our youth safety and wellbeing policies are built in a way that reduce risks to minors
- Organize teach-ins and roundtable discussions to help the T&S team listen to and learn from experts.
- Build clear routes to consultation and engagement with globally diverse NGOs and experts both inside and outside the company.
- Research, identify, and collaborate with Regional outreach managers to identify external experts and leverage their expertise and resources to develop corresponding safety programs to improve the Trust & Safety approach to key issue areas.
- Collaborate with the Youth Safety and Wellbeing Issue Policy team to draft strategic plans related to their priorities in an effort to enhance the safety for our users and to increase trust in the platform.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with a multi-lingual, multicultural T&S team located around the world.
- Build and develop relationships with all Outreach & Partnership colleagues and key XFN partners for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing workstreams, and help to define new operational strategies for the implementation of external feedback.
What should I bring with me?
- 10+ years of experience in constituent outreach, community organizing, on-the-ground advocacy, education policy, child or youth advocacy, or local partnerships experience.
- 5+ years of experience in working with topics related to youth online safety, adolescent development, or mental health
- A true passion for civil society and community engagement, and technology platforms.
- Experience presenting to large external groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive cross-functional projects, run consensus-based stakeholder management, and build positive relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Understanding of technology and the impact of digital platforms on information and its spread.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high EQ.
- Intellectual curiosity and humility.
- Ability to break down complex issues into tactical approaches.
- Skill and experience creating healthy, reciprocal relationships that create wins for both TikTok and our external partners.
- When COVID-19 safety and travel conditions permit - ability to travel frequently and interface with external partners.
Even better if:
- Advanced degree in a related field, e.g., communications, AI Ethics, etc.
- Experience in a media organization
- Experience working at high-growth tech startups.
- Experience in internal learning and development.
Trust & Safety is committed to the wellbeing of all our employees. Our promise is to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
For Pay TransparencyCompensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $105600 - $240000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.