BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The Shopping teams mission is to provide a service to our readers by carefully curating shopping content, ultimately minimizing the work they need to do to find products & services that will help them live their lives better. We do this through loads of product research, brand discovery, product testing & data analytics. Our goal is to turn BuzzFeed into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because weve established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity, & diversity. We strive to combine great product-curation with an entertaining writing style & relatable POV, so even if the products arent right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
We are looking for a Senior Writer for a full-time position on this team. The ideal candidate is an experienced & conversational writer & editor with proven skill in consumer- & shopping-related content. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores & sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
- Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides & reviews.
- Research products in various categories & price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write & edit shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides & reviews.
- Track & analyze your posts' site traffic & affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
- Previous experience writing shopping content for a magazine or website
- Previous experience with affiliate data & networks preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Genuine love for the internet & eCommerce
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience & voice
- Willingness to work on branded content as needed
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your shopping habits (for example: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people dont know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of products that youre obsessed with.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.