Please note: this is a contract role.
At Quartz, we're looking for a Growth Engineer to join our Product team and help develop and experiment with one of our newest products, the Quartz app. As a core member of the team, you will be pushing out code that reaches a large audience and will be able to see the results of your features immediately.
The ideal candidate has comprehensive and specific experience in the development of websites and native iOS/Android apps and in achieving KPIs, particularly user retention. You will be contributing to success in an innovative and urgent spirit, with a highly collaborative nature and an unyielding focus on beating goals through iterative learning and application.
- Build a growth plan of modifying existing features and adding new features on app/website to improve user satisfaction
- Investigate launched feature performances by using business intelligence tools, third-party analytics tools (like Google Analytics or MixPanel), MySQL and PostgreSQL, and iterate on the growth plan according to performance and results
- Automate and optimize processes to support scaling growth team initiatives focusing around retention
- Constantly generate ideas and hypotheses to iterate and carry out experiments and iterative tests
- Be immersed in the consumer mobile dev community; track new trends, SDKs, capabilities to drive innovation within the growth team
- Practical hands-on experience in mobile app development using native Swift and/or Android Java
- Practical hands-on experience in data analytics by using raw SQL queries. You should understand the difference between columnar storage and row storage and write queries in a different way to get better performance
- Experience with a scrum/agile based project and working with non-developer members
- Experience with UI/UX design, wireframing, A/B testing and mobile/marketing analytics platforms (e.g. Appsflyer, mixpanel ), or worked with marketing teams
- Good communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment