We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will advise customers on how to maximize the value they get from Appian software. Through planning sessions, you will discover the customers business goals & develop a tailored plan to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes. As a Customer Success Manager, you will regularly monitor progress against this plan, looking for & mitigating risks.
What youll do:
- Perform discovery sessions to understand the customers desired outcomes, translate these priorities into actionable plans & then drive execution of these plans with the customer.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Identifying potential areas of value for Appian within the clients business & explaining the associated value proposition
- Identify & remove any barriers for successful adoption & expansion of the customers use of Appian software
- Maintain engagement with key client stakeholders in order to monitor account health & ensure alignment with their priorities
Youll be successful in this role if you are:
- Comfortable identifying drivers of business performance & value creation & can communicate the connection between technology investments & important business outcomes.
- Not an order taker; asks why questions & solve the right problems
- A natural problem solver able to quickly get to the root cause of problems & identify the optimal path to a solution. Your grit & determination enables you to find ways past obstacles & setbacks.
- Not content to sit back, & have a proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact.
- An excellent communicator & is comfortable presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior executives.
- Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
- Strong proponent of Agile best practices who can drive an agile transformation, can clearly articulate the benefits of Agile over Waterfall, & understands how to avoid the traps (WAgile)
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelors degree
- You have prior experience with software consulting (ideally in a ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture or EAI)
- You have prior experience with configuration, deployment, & testing of enterprise software applications
- You have prior experience coding, building and/or integrating web services, data integration architecture, designing complex solutions, and/or designing databases
- Youre well educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science or related field/degree in addition to 10+ years of experience
- Strong consulting skills & proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles & the ability to quickly grasp & distinctly explain technological & business concepts.
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Willingness to travel 50%
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful & unique applications. The applications created on Appians platform help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value & in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves & their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces 2018 list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.