NowThis is looking for an Associate Producer to join the NowThis Social Video-News team. As a member of the News team, youll create compelling & informative short form videos around a variety of subjects, ranging from top stories in the world of daily news & politics, international coverage, as well as culture, sports, lifestyle, & online trends.
WHAT YOULL DO:
The Associate Producers responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pitching ideas for daily videos across a range of topics
- Researching, scripting, & editing news videos, averaging 1-to-5 minutes in length.
- Identifying stories with a strong visual element.
- Identifying stories from a range of sources, from our in-house subscription services, to third party or user-generated content, to original storytelling concepts.
- Finding creative, visual ways to tell important stories that may not inherently have a strong visual element.
- Taking on assignments & delivering on a managers vision on stories they havent pitched themselves.
- Managing priorities & workload effectively to meet deadlines daily.
- Ensuring all video content follows NowThis's newsroom Style Guide & editorial standards.
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player; taking initiative in looking for ways to elevate NowThis content & brand as a whole.
- 1-2 years of newsroom or relevant internship experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Strong research, writing, & storytelling abilities
- An understanding of how content is consumed on the internet & why certain videos go viral.
- A genuine enthusiasm for short form video as a medium & for covering daily stories in a 24/7 news cycle.
- Interest in a wide range of subject matter; Willingness to research & educate topics outside your preexisting comfort zone.
- Familiarity with the style, voice, & values of NowThis as a digital outlet.
- Candidates who have passionate points of view, but who are able to recognize their own biases & not be ruled by them
- Fluency in a foreign language is helpful but not required.
- Experience in cinematography & field production is helpful but not required.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging & relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis entertaining, inspiring & informative videos are created for a mobile generation & receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.