Were looking for a Chief of Staff to join our Executive team, within Group Nine Media. As a member of the Executive team, youll attend critical meetings within the Company & work directly with the CEO & management team to create & streamline processes & communications, & bring cross-functional projects to fruition in a fast-paced environment. Youll be based in our New York office & report to the CEO.
The Chief of Staff will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Strategic advisor & counsel to the CEO, helping to drive forward the strategic initiatives of the Company
- Serve as an information funnel & filter to keep CEO priorities focused & moving along
- Create & maintain cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success; find the gaps across the company & take the lead on filling them
- Act as a gatekeeper, ensuring CEOs involvement in a project at the precise right moment
- Support CEO in delivering timely working communications including drafting professional emails & sharing follow ups with key stakeholders.
- Draft company correspondence, reports, board decks, & presentations in coordination with & guidance from the CEO & Chief Communications Officer.
- Manage the meeting cadence for the board of directors & leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, & objectives are achieved
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team to drive strategic vision of the Company, jumping in when necessary
- Manage preparation & prioritization of day-to-day projects & tasks, evaluating opportunities & determining priorities within the schedule.
- Support SPAC process, coordinating between Group Nine, bankers, & lawyers; ensure timely communication between investors & board of directors.
- Support key leaders on any due diligence work
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, lead by example, & motivate teams through both in-person & remote management
- You exude the confidence to speak on behalf of the CEO, but the awareness to gauge when it is appropriate to do so
- You run at problems with urgency, data, & curiosity
- You are proactive in strategies to help the CEO be more effective
- You have excellent listening, negotiation & presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience in a business, consulting, or executive management role
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines & quickly shifting priorities
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Proven experience organizing & directing across multiple teams & departments
- Intellectual curiosity & a strong need to learn & improve
- Impeccable follow-through, details oriented, highly resourceful
- Direct communicator, & able to cater your communications to different audiences
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Proficiency in Keynote & G Suite Applications
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, empathy, & sound judgment to your work & collaboration with others, making you a trusted colleague & go-to partner.
- Executive presence, presentation, & storytelling
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal, organizational, & multi-tasking skills
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.