BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a Jr. Video Producer to join our video organization & specifically, our BuzzFeed Celeb team, in Los Angeles, CA. The Jr. Video Producer will work to support BuzzFeed Celeb across digital video platforms including YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter & Instagram.
Since its launch in 2015, the BuzzFeed Celeb YouTube channel & brand has pioneered the viral celebrity interview space & forever changed the way celebrities promote their projects. BuzzFeed Celeb ushered in a new age of celebrity interviews to fit the needs & wants of an online world through its range of formats, like the adorable Puppy Interview & the hilarious Thirst Tweets series. The brand continuously aims to create fun, engaging, & highly shareable fan-service content that feels current & exclusive to the BuzzFeed voice, featuring your favorite celebrities, influencers, & everyone else in-between.
The chosen candidate will work directly with the Senior Producer & the BuzzFeed Celeb team to execute videos & pitches. They will thrive in an autonomous work environment, be obsessed with pop culture & all things entertainment, & juggle multiple priority projects at once. The candidate will also need to maintain an extremely professional on-set demeanor & seamlessly interface with all levels of external talent.
**Currently, all BuzzFeed Celeb shoots are being conducted remotely, via Zoom. Once we are able to safely & responsibly resume in-person production, this position will require in-person video production duties, both on the BuzzFeed campus & off-site.**
Were looking for a Digital native producer who understands producing, directing & editing for the internet. BuzzFeed is a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that requires a flexible, creative & collaborative work ethic.
- The person in this role will produce creative, low-cost videos that are in line with - & even potentially elevate - the BuzzFeed Celeb brand
- Ideate, pitch & execute viral formats, including assigned & original videos
- Work with the Senior Producer to co-produce some content, including collaborative edit support & shared physical production tasks
- Keep up-to-date on talent & topics that are trending in the pop culture sphere, & use them to pitch videos that will be relevant to our audience
- Implement feedback from all Supervising Producers & team members in a timely manner
- Conduct shoots with external talent while always maintaining strict professionalism & demeanor
- Deliver notes on videos via Frame.io in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Use viewer & platform data to continuously improve & refine video ideas & execution
- Work with the Publishing Team to grow the BuzzFeed Celeb channel
- At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro & the entire CC suite (basic-to-moderate editing skills in Adobe Premiere Pro a must)
- Must have experience shooting with DSLRs & a familiarity with basic physical production elements (c-stands, basic sound & lighting equipment, etc.)
- Experience working with external talent, press junkets, or prior work in the pop culture sphere a plus (but not required)
- Ability to maintain impeccable professionalism when working with external talent a must
- Extremely passionate about pop culture, the internet as a whole, & creating digital video content
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat (preferably YouTube, but not required)
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on YouTube within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve produced.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.