Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
As the Manager of Communication Services, you'll oversee Clover's ability to communicate at scale in an efficient manner. This includes our outsourced call center resources, mailroom & printer vendors, & text, chat, & other electronic communication systems. You will have six direct reports & a total team of fourteen, composed of project managers & others with an eye toward lean growth & outsized impact. You will also have a peer, the Quality Improvement Manager, who oversee Clover's ability to create the tools, processes, & partnerships that allow us to be differentially efficient in our transactional communication & differently valuable in our thoughtful communication. You'll report to the Director of Communications Services & ultimately to the Chief Behavioral Officer, as part of Clover's strategy to use communications as a key component of changing behavior.
This is a position for a leader who understands how to balance efficiency & quality, & knows when to solve a problem & when to escalate it. Traditional experience managing large communication channels will be helpful, but not enough; in an increasingly digital world, you'll oversee a growing organization in a period when older adults are shifting from calls & letters to texts & emails. As such, you will be the primary customer of our CRM & establish it as the single authoritative source for all communications.
Your key metrics will be around driving consistent, high-quality interactions in a compliant, scalable way & efficiency, as we reduce our reliance on calls/letters & shift to digital, self-service, & other channels that maximize transactional ease for our community.
As the Manager of Communications Services you will:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, & oversight to the outsourced call center resources, mailroom & printer vendors, & text, chat, & other electronic communication systems.
- Partner with HR to hold our vendors accountable for meeting the highest standards in people management.
- Oversee the transition to a new CRM & tools for scaled communication channels.
- Direct transactional communications activities, set performance expectations & goals, evaluate processes & outcomes, & implement improvements to support quality & efficiency.
- Provide support in developing a training approach to support desired skills acquisition.
- Working with Clover's Compliance Team, ensure regulatory compliance in our communications.
You will love this job if:
- You are outcome-focused & prefer clearly expressed goals with high accountability, in both your work & your management style.
- You are humble & understand that as a manager of people, you are here to serve & support to ensure that every person interacting with Clovers customers is setup for absolute success.
- You are tech & data forward: youre used to thinking about how technology can enable better experiences & how you can use data to make better decisions.
- You can distill the needs of your customers & team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures.
You should get in touch if:
- You have demonstrated experience owning the phone, mail, text, & email channels for an organization during its growth period. (Required)
- You have 5+ years of experience managing a large team. (Required)
- You have experience owning large portions of Medical/Insurance customer service. (Required)
- You have extensive experience as the primary stakeholder for a CRM. (Required)
- You have a demonstrable history of data-informed decision making. (Required)
- You have worked with an outsourced call center. (Required)
- You have experience working in Medicare Advantage. (Strongly Preferred)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.